KYB has quantity surveyors that are registered with The South African Council for Quantity Surveying Profession (SACQSP) and are members of the Association of South African Quantity Surveyors (ASAQS) and act according to a strict professional conduct.
Our quantity surveying services include:
- Measurement and pricing for various levels of the project
- Project feasibility/capital estimates
- Preparation of tender and contract documentation, including procurement documents for all items of major equipment
- Preparation of tender evaluation reports
- Analysis and evaluation of tenders
- Payment valuation and certification
- Contract administration
- Budget forecasting, reporting and monitoring
- Final accounts
- Evaluating and advising on contractual claims/compensation events
- Mine closure cost estimates/pollution control funds
- Project audits
KYB’s specialist cost control services are based on sophisticated software that customises cost control to each client’s unique requirements. Our system serves as a real-time and proactive cost management tool for projects of all sizes.
With the capability to continuously update current budgets and cash flow projections, our systems enable accurate and timeous assessment of the effects and financial implications of contract variations.
The overall project cash flow is continuously updated, taking into account the Owner’s Control Schedule and all changes to the estimated final costs of the project, scope changes, actual expenditure to date, as well as future escalation and foreign exchange fluctuations on uncommitted items.
Clients are presented with regular, easy-to-interpret reports with graphic illustrations, to enable uncomplicated assimilation of all real-time financial information and allowing clients to make decisions based on the very latest costs.
KYB’s inhouse expertise has experience in the mining industry with well-honed knowledge of open cast, decline shaft and vertical shaft construction as well as infrastucture and process plants in the petro chemical industries.
We also enjoy a special reputation for the broad experience we bring to the mining industry - with well-honed knowledge of opencast, decline shaft and vertical shaft construction. We can also cite numerous projects in areas such as infrastructure and process plants in the chemical and petrochemical industries as well as the commercial, industrial and retail.
KYB team members have sound knowledge of the following disciplines:
- Mine infrastructure buildings
- Commercial, industrial and retail developments
- Civil work
- Structural steelwork
- Plate work
- Mechanical equipment erection
- Process piping
- Mining-open cast, decline shafts, vertical shafts
- Rail Engineering
- Mine and Port Infrastructure
011 075 0108
086 577 2561
7 Tearose Street, X16, Terenure, Kempton Park